Friday 22 June 2007

Miami II

Two posts in one day? You lucky scoundrels. But I'm in an internet cafe (I bought a radiohead cd earlier - I know I'm bad, but it was only released in America - and I'm putting it onto my mp3 player and 'm also looking up live music in Miami (near the new hostel I moved to this morning which is miles nicer and only worse than the other one by a single count - the beautiful playful kittens that lived at cockroach hostel), and, for reasons too tedious to explain, looking on wikipedia for the history of motorcycles. Really) so I thought I might as well.

I met some nice people (the classic way of meeting people and getting into conversation; they asked me how to pronouce 'tzatziki'. We were in a pita shop, I suppose. Naturally I set them straight) earlier called Mike and something possibly Kate I can't remember. They invited me to their house for a jewish celebration of some kind tonight. I think. Anyway, I'm awaiting a text message. And if I dissapear forever tonight, it's because Mike and maybe Kate kidnapped and ate me. Just so you know.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Trying to work out whether its anti semitic to presume that you will be eaten by Jews at a religious celebration...

Hope you're having fun Joe x

teri said...

Did you get my email? Please reassure me you haven't disappeared and been eaten or otherwise.
Love Nancy-Anne Seancey
xx
p.s watching Glastonbury, rumour that Thom Yorke is there....see, now you're sorry you're over there aren't you?