Friday 22 June 2007

Fort Lauderdale III, Miami I

I finally made a move. To bring you up to date on the last few days;

I went to the beach. I lay in the sun for about half an hour - my legs shone like pearls studded with the rubies of mosquito bites. I had 'sunblock' on, but pathetic english stuff is no match for mighty floridian sun, and after only 30 minutes some locals came and told me I looked like a lobster, so I retreated into the shade. I had a good time looking at the sky and the pretty beach.
Another day lazing around after that - Blondie gig on TV and a classic game of american football - American-style TV sloth is a part of the experience - I even ate some 'chips'.

Then I scored a lift down here to Miami with Uncy Mike, and returned to hostel-life. This hostel -The South Beach - is the deep end of the hostelling experience (im writing from the front parlour thing so I don't know how nasty I can be in case some of the staff see, but briefly it's dirty and cockroachy and loud and unfriendly and smeeellllyyy boohooo but cheeeaaap)

So I spent the morning walking down the beach here (turn a corner and see a massive postcard with white sand curving into flawless sky sided by a sea which is that shade of blue we all know to mean 'perfect for paddling and for swimming and for frolicking. FROLICK IN ME.'.
I didn't have my camara, but if I did, I would have taken photos of:
-my feet stepping out through inches of perfectly clear water.
-tiny greywhite fish that swam in even the shallowest waves around people's feet.
-topless sunbathers.
-naw, not that last one really.

Anyhow, you'll just have to look up Miami South Beach on the internet - it's pretty pretty though, but with a crazy violent diamond sun to threaten my neck. I'm checking out and moving to another hostel now - Adios.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey! Factor 50 SPF! 50! Or you'll get crows feet and allsorts and Rowan won't love you any more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

She's right.

Unknown said...

Sun is the natural arch enemy / predator of skin. Don't seek it out, one day it will destroy us all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!
Calm down.