Thursday 2 August 2007

San Francisco IV, Portland I

So um where was I? Tum teee tum okay leaving off immediatly after last entry we see me leaving cafe, finding wallace and jackie for classy pizza, then music festival on lovely washington square and confiscation of our precious wine, and meeting there a poet I'd earlier met (these things happen in San Francisco), watching fun band then to greyhound and a 16 hour greyhound that went by bizarrely quickly, possibly to due my relenting and allowing myself to sleep (missing lovely romantic barrelling across the highways of america etc plus sore neck) and i arrived in Portland.

And breathe. (Portland has blurred slightly so events may not have actually taken place at the times suggested)

Due to everything being suprisingly busy in what I thought was a pretty low-profile city, I was staying in a 'more adult-friendly' hostel, which either meant swingers-den-bondage-palace or quiet homely little place And it was the latter. So a shopping at Trader Joe's later and a cooking tuna pasta and a conversationing with intelligent interesting Political Types later, and I feel quite at home. It's late and I can't remember what I did that first day - I must have... looked around the city, been turned away from the $2 eatery place due to being 20 not 21 (my first rage at being underage), then spent the evening at Powells bookstore (which takes up an entire block and has four stories and used and new books mixed together and - I couldn't buy any books because no money and already carrying 14 (FOURTEEN I miscounted last time) around with me) watching a reading which was suprisingly good from a book of short stories about The Apocolypse.

So next day I look round further and found Pioneer Square, which they said was good for people watching and was, then had a nice time at the Rose Garden - I genuinely never realised how beautiful roses were until that day. I think that sums that day up, and an evening in conversation with my incredibly literary room-mates. I feel I've forgotten something in these first two days, in which case I'll remedy when I make another attempt to bring y'all up to date.

If you notice a lack of commitment to this blog on the keeping up/writing coherently /spelling fronts, it's because you have shown a correlatative (?) trend of not commenting. The idea the relationship could be inverse is laughable. Oh yes.

No comments: