Saturday 11 August 2007

Salt Lake City II

After getting a lift to the hostel by (oddly) enough, one of the guys on the bus' mum (mom) it was about 10 in the evening and too late to do anything. Next day a different story, I walked downtown to the visitors centre to see if they had any information about Joe Hill; see if the city remembered him in any way. The city did not remember him; hadn't even heard of him, apparently. So I just found the courthouse and went and sat outside for a while a left a tiny tribute to my namesake.

After this I headed back toward downtown but feeling tired (it is hot Hot HOT down here) I stopped at a coffee shop a few blocks before my destination, Temple Square - this the biggest attraction in the area, the place with all the mormon stuff. Anyhow in the coffee shop I got talking to a young lady named Emiko, and consequently became distracted from Temple Square and instead roamed the steets until 10, occasionally with friend Cutler, more often with crazy million-mile-an-hour conversation.

So that accounts for yesterday, and today... I think I'll go see some gardens recommended to me, and then temple sq. and finally catch my greyhound to boulder, where the hostel may or may not be fully booked...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A character in Joel's book is called Emiko, as far as I recall.
Spoke to Brenderup today - no flight money for me, so I'd say it's unlikely you'll get any. It's a cruel world, my friend.

XxX

chimera said...

maybe in a different time or space the world will/would be less cruel to people like us. ...maybe. xxx