Saturday 14 July 2007

My First Novel

Ft. Lauderdale
Look at all the blue! That's the sky, you know.

Paaalllllllllmmmmm Trrreeeeeeess


This is experimental shell-art. It is called 'thought bubble' and is shown here on the canvas of my knee, on the beach.

More beachart.

Spaceship-looking controls of Mike's Boat.

Pretty tree. Ft Lauderdale is full of things like this.


More controls


More! Unfortunatly I just deleted the best picture, which was an action shot of me (my disembodied hand) pretending to press a button.

On the train journey away, I took some photos of SWAMP (trees)

And MARSH (no trees. That's the difference)

This is a road which for some reason caught my attention


Here are some people in the sun. The train carried me to...

New Orleans

There was some poignant slogan somewhere in this picture, but it is irritatingly unseeable here and I can't remember what it was. Still, illumnating of New Orleans halfdestruction.

Same ting.


What kind of animal is this? I don't know!

Memphis

(in no particular order...)

Beale Street. I'm annoyed you can't see the throngs of people on the street - the whole thing was as crowded outside as the bars were inside. All the bars. Count the neons.


This is where Gibson guitars are born.


This is an early stage in the process, before the guitars are made less fuzzy and grainy, and before they're rotated 90 degrees, so they're upright.

This photo is of guitars hanging upside-down so their paint can dry.

See that label 'scrap'? These guitars, because of minor faults such as one fret being slanted, or even 'visual imperfections', will be put through the shredding machine. They are worth around three thousand pounds each. ALL OF THEM! Argh.

I did not write Joey, someone else did. This is ART. It is called 'portrait of the artist as a young graffitti artist'.


This is the MISSISSIPPI. Even cooler, it is where JEFF BUCKLEY drowned. Sweet.


More Mississippi action.

I think this photo, taken at 3AM, nicely captures the feeling of the greyhound journey which took me to...

Austin

Congress ave. Below my feet, unbeknowst to me at the time of this picture being taken, is the largest urban bat colony in the world. In the far distance is the Austin Capitol. Which is in the next picture.

Oh No! Austin Capitol has fallen over, and Joey doesn't understand this photo downloading program enough to do anything about it.


This illustrates america's long, straight, vertical streets.


This monument, proving Texans are lovely people, was hidden behind the capitol building and shielding from view by hedges. Still there though.


A greyhound bus through the night took me to...

Flagstaff+The Grand Canyon

This pretty flower in a beer bottle welcomed me.

This photo is boring, but this post needs some padding out.

Trees and cloud.



That tattered and yellow paper reads 'Enjoying the Grand Canyon'. If i had looked up and taken another photo you would have seen 27 miles of drops up to 5000 feet; mountains and rivers of breathtaking beauty spread like a dried eden below me in a phantasmagorical panorama of biblical proportions. I didn't, though.

Here is our tour guide sitting on the edge. It gives you a vague idea of grand canyonish scenery.

If you want to know what the Grand Canyon was like, put 'Grand Canyon' into google pictures.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are lovely, dear, but we at home would like to see your glorious visage also.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Your tour guide looks very cool.
Nice pictures. Boat knobs and guitars.
Nice shorts.

xx

Unknown said...

No! Save the guitars!!! Noooooo!

Nice photos. You get about :)