Friday 13 July 2007

Calabasas II

Wearily I am updating my 'weblog' - it's so much effort to do anything here where it is so pleasurable to do nothing. Sun, Beach/Poolside, Cooling Breeze, Plums/Nectarines, Book: difficult to be less than relaxed utterly.

Yesterday I was kindly driven by Alice, only present cousin and my guide and companion throughout the evenings of LA, into Hollywood. We saw the stars, and footprints and handprints, the chinese-man theatre, and maybe more interestingly, the collection of people come to see the stars, and footprints and handprints, the chinese-man theatre. We made up some backgrounds for them and drank a little coffee, then moved on to a Downtown Artwalk which provided me with a glimpse into LA's contradictions - cracking and falling buildings and 'spare a quarter buddy?'s mixing with the smart and the hip trailing contemporary trendy gallery to gallery with wine and some interesting art.

Afterwhich we found The Cathedral Of Mary Of The Angels and after some canned-food donating, watched an actually-rather-good jazz version of a midsummer night's dream, complete with jazz standards and suits sharp as icecles. On the part of the actors, not us.

Today I went to a georgeous beach.

I seem to have conveniently forgotten the circumstances of my going to see the Harry Potter film, but I guess you should know that it happened. It was pretty fun, I enjoyed the screaming and clapping US audience.

2 comments:

teri said...

oh yeah, I remember the clapping and shouting at the cinema. Had forgotten how weird that was first time i went to the cinema in U.S.

Sounds like Alice is being a great host, thanks lovely Alice xx

Anonymous said...

BLOG MORE!

X