Saturday 7 July 2007

Flagstaff II

Quick tiny update - got my bag back intact.

My travel plans have suddenly exploded in a tangle of grand canyon tour schedules, all-night vegas possibilites, dirty hostels there, trains, santa monica being busless, trying to see relatives for more time than the world wants to allow me, ani difranco gigs, big sur, and such considerations.

The only other thing that happened is that, as a result of above, I had to cancel one tour I'd arranged. The guy on the phone became a 2-year old and kept interrupting me with things like "you do know we're the best tour company in the world?!" and "I suppose you've found someone else you'd rather do it with". That was pretty entertaining.

I now must away to the local used-bookstore. hur hur.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dirty hostels?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Glad your bag is back! That was a close one...

Anonymous said...

Can relate to sweltering heat in Arizona. I'm in Tenerife, which is experiencing a mad heatwave. My parents insist on walking up mountains (seriously) and around deserted cities (every sane person is siesta-ing) between the hours of 11 and 4, when the temperature is highest.

And I have to order everything because they just repeat what they just said louder and more slowly and it makes me sad. Díos mio.

Take care J xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx