Sunday 8 July 2007

Flagstaff III

A blog entry not beginning 'so...'! I've lost my mind.

The bookstore was fantastic! I had determined not to buy anymore books, but I couldn't quite resist and bought three. The plan was to read at least one of them before I left and sell it back to the same place. Luckily, I've already almost finished one so hopefully that'll dull the $20 I couldn't afford. I'm about $100 over-budget for the first half of my travelling (I'm assuming now until the 16th will be cheap because of sponging (if peta, paul, rebecca, alice, tamsin, columbine, or anyone that knows them is reading this: I meant sponging as in helping to clean the house, with sponges) off relatives). Anyway, that's not bad because I've been learning to budget a bit better recently (except on the book front), so maybe all will be okay.

s
o (ha-ha) I bought the books, found a nice coffee-shop, ate a bagel, read them a bit, lounged, talked to my new friends Mim, Rosie, and [oarrgg my name-forgetting abilities no know bounds but also four others, all British, we're setting up quite a clique], then I did something else, I know , i went to the supermarket, bought supplies, then we went down the road for vegetarian dinner at the other hostel, got into a 'our country is better than your country' debate in which I remained impartial and a voice of intellectual rigour, then we went to some bars and played pool and saw a rock band but mainly focussed around the organ (they were called 'the big organ band', aha, aha), and I showed my ID proving I'm 20 numerous times and was accepted therein as being 21, came home, went to bed, got up, spoke to my rowan on the phone for a glorious little while the first time in ages, then went on a big hike through the sun and the fir trees, drank 2.2 litres of water in a shockingly short amount of time, but rehydrated safely with Strawberry milkshake watching the Flagstaff Community Band, who were entertainingly bad, bless 'em, and the whole scene, the sky having clouded over, was very like being at the seaside in Skegness or something.

I'm economi'z'ing on full-stops; they're expensive over here>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I deserve a capital letter.
Rowan
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Joey. I'm going to send my letter to the address you gave me. Will you be there soon? I'm not too late am I? Xxxxxxx